Thursday, February 27, 2014

Getting Used to Invisalign Attachments!

I'm now on aligner #6 of my Richmond Hill Invisalign treatment.. I have had my attachments on for just over a month. I have had to adjust what I eat to ensure my attachments stay intact. Avoiding hard, or crunchy foods help to prevent chipping or breaking any attachments. Keeping up with good oral hygiene has been easy. I have been brushing my teeth extra carefully because of my attachments. Using a whitening toothpaste is always helpful to prevent any staining to your attachments. I do drink a lot of tea, so this is especially important for me. It is also important not to clean your aligners with toothpaste. Toothpaste contains abrasive agents which can scratch the aligners and create pockets for bacteria to grow. Using water and a clean toothbrush is the best way to clean them. You can also the sonic cleaner that comes in your Invisalign care package. The sonic cleaner gently vibrates, which loosens any particles stuck to your aligners. When they might need an extra clean, you can put them in a cup with half water and half mouthwash. Only leave them in for a few minutes, the mouthwash is very powerful and should never be used at full strength on your aligner. Keep in mind when you are sick, you should be cleaning your aligners more frequently.

Below is a video of my treatment plan. This is a simulation, so it will not be 100% accurate. It just gives you an idea of what to expect. 





The countdown has begun. Approximately 11 months until I finish my treatment. I'm so excited, and I can't wait to start noticing changes!



No comments:

Post a Comment